Toy & Auction Item Donations
Contributions of in-kind gifts are a significant way to support Connecticut Children’s. Year-round, the Foundation collects toys for the Medical Center as well as items that can be auctioned during one of our signature fundraising events.
Special fundraising events are held throughout the year in communities all around Connecticut to benefit Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Our live and silent auctions are an integral part of our fundraising success. We welcome gift certificates, artwork, vacation homes, fine wines, signed memorabilia and so much more. To recognize your generosity, we will acknowledge your donation through a display at the event, listing in program book and/or post online. As a reminder, your donation may be tax deductible, please check with your tax advisor. If you are interested in donating an item to one of our fundraising events, please call the Foundation at (860) 837-5700 to discuss further.
Toys received from the community are crucial for helping children cope with medical procedures, physicians’ visits, and hospital stays. These types of contributions allow us to reduce our operational expenses by utilizing donated services and products. Since there are specific requirements that must be met before the Medical Center can accept in-kind donations, please contact the Foundation at 860-837-5700 to discuss how your contribution can best benefit our children and families.
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center can only accept new, unwrapped toys and stuffed animals. Please review the Toy Guidelines to ensure your contribution adheres to policies that are in place to protect the children served by Connecticut Children’s.
Connecticut Children’s Patient “Top Picks”:
- Lego and Duplo kits – all sizes and types
- Uno cards and regular playing cards
- Infant rattles and board books
- Action figures and hero play for boys and girls
- Barbie dolls, baby dolls and My Little Pony sets
- Match box cars
- Crayola crayons (small boxes) washable markers, thin-line markers, color pencils and pens
- Velvet art kits, coloring books, activity books and journals
- Character toys and games – Especially Paw Patrol and also Disney Princesses, Star Wars, Thomas & Friends, Doc McStuffins